epidat - epigraphical database | digital textarchives
Epidat - The Database of Jewish epigraphy - provides the inventory, documentation, editions and presentation of epigraphical collections. Currently online available are 160 digital editions with 32244 epitaphs (66667 image files).
There are several options for the screening of the files:
location-based - places, regions
time-based | chronological
- indices show all files organised by subject
note: We are happy to receive any indications of missing or poorly listed content
External Access options
Structure of the digital editions
The digital edition is usually preceded by an introduction that gives background information on names of the editors, on edition conventions, on sponsors, as well as on more publications
You can select a single digital edition or several regionally clustered corpora, as well as all corpora can be found using full-text-search
- inscriptions | epitaphs
browse chronologically or choose a particular year
- name lists
- word forms
- sources | secondary literature
Links to further digital editions of Hebrew epitaphs
- Epidat is programmed with TUSTEP ("Tübinger System von Textverarbeitungsprogrammen") since 2002
- In 2006 epidat went online.
- chart: epidat 2006-2016
- epidat (version: 2016-05-25)
- Display mode and print mode are different
- We recommend a screen resolution of 1024 * 768 pixels and the use of an Internet browser of the new generation. If you encounter presentation or operation problems, please do not hesitate to contact ask, we ask for feedback.